Assessment costs vary depending on the time taken, the breadth of your child's issues and whether or not you require a comprehensive report. Please call us on 02 4940 6507 and we can give you an approximate cost based on the nature of your child's presenting issues.
Newcastle Paediatric Occupational Therapy is a registered provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme and therefore bills the NDIA directly for therapy sessions.
Similarly we treat under the following schemes:
- FaHSCIA Funding through the Early Intervention Assistance Package.
- FaHSCIA Funding - Better Start For Children with Disability (Better Start Initiative).
- Medicare rebates are available to children who have chronic medical conditions.
- Team Care arrangements provide 5 subsidised sessions for allied health professionals, including occupational therapists per year. This plan can be renewed each calendar year. Your child may be eligible for this funding if they have a chronic medical condition that is being managed by your GP under an 'Enhanced Primary Care Plan'.
- Melanie Ward is also able to treat under Mental Health Care Plans and under Pervasive Developmental Disorder Plans for children between 6 and 15.
A phone call to 02 4940 6507 can assist you to identify what funding may be available to you to cover some or all of the costs of assessment and therapy.
Some private health funds also provide cover for children treated by occupational therapists. The amount varies from fund to fund. Check with your individual fund.
Newcastle Paediatric Occupational Therapy has both HICAPS and EFTPOS facilities.